Communication in the event of a school closure
The decision to close or partially close a school is made solely under the guidance of Public Health England and the DfE. This will be either on an individual basis or for schools locally or nationally. At the moment the government's decision is that all schools should stay open. If we are directed to close, we will update parents via:
- Text message
- School website
- Seesaw - please contact your child’s class teacher if you are unable to access Seesaw as this will be the main way teachers will stay in contact during a period of school closure
- Social media - Twitter @Northlandstweet
Information about reopening will also be shared in these ways.
Please make sure your contact details are up to date on Arbor. You will only be able to see your own contact information – parents/carers (Primary Guardians) will need to log in to their own accounts to check their own details. Please contact the School Office if you require a ‘reset password’ email sent for your Arbor account.
General on-going updates related to the Coronavirus will be sent via email.
Home learning expectations
If the school should need to close, we will ensure that there is a provision for continued learning at home. We appreciate that this may bring challenges and therefore we hope to remove any barriers to this. We will not expect children to be covering new untaught content. The learning sent home will be in the form of online learning or project based activities/experiences. We also encourage your children to keep active and will also provide links and ideas for this. We encourage parents and children to share their learning with their teacher via Seesaw. Teachers will be available to respond to this daily. Please note that it will not be possible for this work to be marked by teachers when the school reopens.
- Use of apps as appropriate - Times Table Rockstars, Mymaths and SpellingFra
- Please ensure all children have login and passwords
- Daily reading and use of reading journals
- Year group learning letters will continue to be published and emailed out to all year groups to aid with topic based learning
- ‘Home Learning Page’ on the school website will give more detailed information on learning. This will also include links to useful resources
- Seesaw will be used by teachers daily to communicate with children and parents
- Teachers will respond to contact from parents/children via Seesaw, daily during working hours
- We encourage parents to upload videos and photos of learning/ learning activities via Seesaw to share with their Class Teachers
16th March 2020